Wednesday, May 5, 2010

My Way






Ever since I've hit a little notoriety in the Art scene, it seems like every word I say, every move I make, I get a backlash of critics, hate, and snakes coming out the grass.

I've been called every part of the human digestion system. I've been called insensitive, politically incorrect, a homophobe, a sell-out, uppity, a hero, a leader, a motivation, and a inspiration. Sometimes Deserved. I've been ignored, abandoned, challenged, rejected, accepted, wanted, praised and discredited, all in the same week.

I say all of this to say, I did it all, My Way. Before you think you can say you know CP the Artist, know first Charlton Palmer. A skinny kid out of Perth Amboy, New Jersey. Who grew up very insecure about his height, weight, and that felt alot of rejection as a kid. Then when I became a man, I kept trying to find a better way in life. I became a Christian put my faith into God, not people. I don't have the greatest rags to riches story or tragedy turned triumph moments. I am sorry there's no Hollywood movie script material.

I'm not looking for any ones approval, because I am a flawed human being and I wish people would just accept that. You see more then the top layer, so accept it, its My Way. I will say and do the wrong things by mistake.

I do art for a living and not for fame or glory. I am here to make lives better. I hope to make a difference in lives thru my ART and service. My Way, isn't the best way, but don't put me on a pedestal and expect me to be PERFECT. Don't hold stock into the things I may fail at. You wanna make me better, then be like my best friends, by helping me love, care, and find understanding. Help me do the greater good. Quit the jealousy, envy, tough talk, and sensitivity because all of that isnt My Way.

2 comments:

  1. You're beginning to sound like someone who's trying to do something in Atlanta. What you said goes all across the board and in every category as well. Just ask anyone who's tried to make a mark on this planet while living in Atlanta, they know exactly the kind of backlash you're talking about. My advice for you is to try to accept it as something that goes with the turf. It may sound conforming at first but, as time passes you'll begin to love it all. The good, the bad & the ugly... push on homie, your way is working whether you know it or not.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I appreciate it Kid Captain. your right. I just hate negative.

    ReplyDelete