Sunday, May 23, 2010

CP wept

Do you know the success rate for an artist is 30%? Did you know the great artist Rembrandt died dead poor?

Being a starving artist I go thru hundreds of downs. I, like many other artists, are faced with so many obstacles. I get depressed, stressed out, worry, and many times I question if this worth doing anymore? Also, being criticized, rejected, and under-appreciated takes a toll on a person's spirit, daily. If I had $100 for every time someone said, “Your work is amazing” I’d be a content man. But compliments don’t pay the Mortgage, car note, credit card bills, utilities, food, and other expenses. I’m faced with so much uncertainties. For all the hard work a man must do to be am Artist, the pressure is over-whelming.

So today I went to Church. The pastor preached about 2 Cor. 3-7

4who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves have received from God. 5For just as the sufferings of Christ flow over into our lives, so also through Christ our comfort overflows. 6If we are distressed, it is for your comfort and salvation; if we are comforted, it is for your comfort, which produces in you patient endurance of the same sufferings we suffer. 7And our hope for you is firm, because we know that just as you share in our sufferings, so also you share in our comfort.

The Pastor talked about being “distressed” in a situation that God has chosen for you. Thru out the Bible God took very ordinary people and told them they can do impossible things for his Kingdom. The pastor said, “God, told them, this is what I’ve chosen for you to do”.

I know the saying, "Men aren't supposed to Cry". I dont cry much, but I cried today in Church, because I’ve been praying so long to God, during these times of distress, to tell me what he wants me to do? He answered me, “I’ve Chosen you to do this, I chosen you to speak to the kids and give them someone to look up too. I chosen you to be apart of people’s lives and I used your gifts for myself.” This started to make sense to me, because if I was rich and needed nothing, I’d be conceited and content with what I had and not what I needed to do. I felt humbled down to my core.

The pastor said “everyone will come to points in their life when you’re at a cliff. The cliff’s dropped is 5 miles down, and you look at God and say “So I guess this is as far as I should go?” and he said, “No, keep Going, I got you”.

1 comment: